Prepare a Meal
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have modified our process for providing our guests with meals. Our guests indicate what they would enjoy from the choices available and volunteers put their selection in a paper bag for the guests to take as carry out.
We ask our lunch providers to deliver 40-50 servings of the following by 11am:
- sandwiches, preferably high protein, i.e. turkey, chicken, turkey, ham, tuna salad, egg salad and chicken salad (rather than peanut butter and jelly)
- condiments, individual packages (rather than on the bread)
- chips, individual prepackaged bags
- fresh fruit, especially softer items such as clementines, bananas, individual prepackaged servings of grapes
- fresh vegetables, such as individual prepackaged servings of carrots, celery, sliced cucumbers, peppers, and grape tomatoes
- juice boxes
Many of our guests have varying dietary needs (diabetes, lactose intolerance, vegetarian, etc.), so we encourage meals with a variety of choices.
We ask our breakfast providers to deliver 20-30 servings of individual pre-wrapped breakfast sandwiches or breakfast burritos by around 8am. We also provide hot and cold cereals, bagels, pastries, granola bars, fruit, and yogurt, if available.
If you are interested in preparing a breakfast or lunch, please email our Volunteer Manager, Doris Paul, and she will put you in touch with our meals coordinator.