Prepare a Meal
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have modified our process for providing our guests with meals. Our guests indicate what they would enjoy from the choices available and volunteers put their selection in a paper bag for the guests to take as carry out.
We ask our lunch providers to deliver 75-80 servings of the following by 11am:
- sandwiches, preferably high protein, i.e. turkey, chicken, turkey, ham, tuna salad, egg salad and chicken salad (rather than peanut butter and jelly)
- condiments, individual packages (rather than on the bread)
- chips, individual prepackaged bags
- fresh fruit, especially softer items such as clementines, bananas, individual prepackaged servings of grapes
- fresh vegetables, such as individual prepackaged servings of carrots, celery, sliced cucumbers, peppers, and grape tomatoes
- bottled water
- juice boxes
Many of our guests have varying dietary needs (diabetes, lactose intolerance, vegetarian, etc.), so we encourage meals with a variety of choices.
We ask our breakfast providers to deliver 30-40 servings of individual pre-wrapped breakfast sandwiches or breakfast burritos by 8am. We also provide hot and cold cereals, bagels, pastries, granola bars, fruit, and yogurt, if available.
If you are interested in preparing a breakfast or lunch, please email our Volunteer Manager, Doris Paul, and she will put you in touch with our meals coordinator.